Thursday, July 25, 2013

MUST I GO, AND EMPTY HANDED

                              


  1. “Must I go, and empty-handed,”
    Thus my dear Redeemer meet?
    Not one day of service give Him,
    Lay no trophy at His feet?
    • Refrain:
      “Must I go, and empty-handed?”
      Must I meet my Savior so?
      Not one soul with which to greet Him,
      Must I empty-handed go?
  2. Not at death I shrink or falter,
    For my Savior saves me now;
    But to meet Him empty-handed,
    Thought of that now clouds my brow.
  3. Oh, the years in sinning wasted,
    Could I but recall them now,
    I would give them to my Savior,
    To His will I’d gladly bow.
  4. Oh, ye saints, arouse, be earnest,
    Up and work while yet ’tis day;
    Ere the night of death o’ertake thee,
    Strive for souls while still you may.



No comments:

Post a Comment